TREE House of Greater St. Louis is happy to offer various summer camp opportunities for children of all abilities ages 5 through 17. Based on the surveys from previous years we have been continually updating and improving our camp programs- 2017 is no different! This year we are limiting the numbers of campers each week in order to provide a lower staff to camper ratio, as well as allot as much time with the horses as possible. We also have added fun, new camp activities for your child to enjoy! This means there will be a longer wait list this year so please hurry and register for your preferred weeks as soon as possible!
Our summer camps are designed with each individual camper’s goals in mind. Please read below about each of our camps so you are best able to pick the camp that meets your child’s need. All of the camps have different start/stop times- please note the various times below.
- Developmental ages 5-13.
- Designed like a traditional summer camp with outdoor games, crafts, water play, hiking, and “special guests”
- Lowest camper to staff ratio– 2:1 will be the average camper to staff ratio
- AT LEAST ONE THERAPIST ON STAFF to ensure a great inclusionary experience for all.
- Will receive up to 5 riding lessons throughout the week (a $250 value)
- Other lessons and interactions with the horses will include grooming, tacking, leading, vaulting, and more!
- Camp Champ is great for individuals with and without disabilities to increase social skills, self-confidence, and to just have fun!
- Children will get exposure to horses and learn basic riding and horsemanship skills while enjoying the atmosphere and activities only 80+ acres can provide. It will also foster their love for the outdoors and give them a unique opportunity to bond with their peers of all abilities.
The Beginner Horse Camp
- Ages 8-15
- Have some horse experience and can at least ride a horse at the walk without a leader
- Will receive up to 7 riding lessons (a $350 value!)
- This camp is lead by a Certified Riding Instructor
- This camp is great for increasing riding skills, horsemanship skills, and fostering independence. It will also give children who have minimal riding experience the opportunity to take their horsemanship skills to the next level.
The Advanced Horse Camp
- Ages 13-17
- Participants should have significant horse experience, including minimal canter work.
- Will receive up to 8 hours in the saddle ($400 value)
- This camp will focus on advancing horsemanship skills in various areas including Western, English, and Hunt/seat experience
- This camp will be a total of 16 hours in a week and is taught by a Certified Riding Instructors
All camps are open to children with and without disabilities. Children with disabilities who are not currently registered riders at TREE House of Greater St. Louis may be asked to attend a pre-camp introductory session at our facility. All activities for all camps are weather permitting.
A $100 non-refundable registration fee, which will be applied to the cost of your first week of camp, is required to hold your slot for each camper. Each camp is limited to allow for a low camper to staff ratio, and/or to accommodate the horse needs for each camp.
**FULL days of camp run from 8:30am-1:30pm, Monday – Friday
**HALF Days of camp have an AM and a PM session. (AM session: 8:30-11:30am; PM: 12:00-3:00 pm)
HALF DAY CAMP CHAMP
AM Option: 8:30AM -11:30AM or PM Option: 12:00-3:00PM
June 12th- June 16th — PM OPTION ONLY
June 19th-June 23rd — AM/PM OPTIONS
July 10th-July 14th– PM OPTION ONLY
July 24th-July 28th– PM OPTION ONLY
July 31st-Aug 4th– AM/PM OPTIONS
FULL DAY CAMP CHAMP
8:30am-1:30pm, Monday – Friday
June 26th-June 30th
July 17th-July 21st
August 7th- August 11th
June 12th- June 16th
July 10th- July 14th
July 24th-July 28th
Advanced Horse Camp
July 5th-July 7th
All camps are held at our facility at 332 Stable Lane in Wentzville, MO. We have indoor and outdoor riding arenas as well as several trails on 80+ acres. Our multi-purpose room is air conditioned, which is where we will eat lunch and perform crafts. Our indoor riding arena is not air conditioned but does have two industrial size barn fans that provide a nice breeze.
For campers with disabilities who are not currently TH Riders, a pre-camp introductory session may be required. Additional camper forms are required for all campers. You will receive a confirmation email with links to download required camp forms after your registration has been processed.
To discuss camps or ask questions, please contact Holly Franer, Camp Director, at 636.332.4940 x220.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
2017 CAMP PRICING
Camp Champ Full-Day: $475 Camp Champ Half-Day: $325
Beginner Horse Camp: $450 Advanced Horse Camp: $425